Scholarships Due In March
- LOCAL Donald and Carol D. Kaisand Scholarship- The Donald & Carol D. Kaisand Scholarship was established in 2019 for a graduating senior who will attend Iowa State University. First priority will be given to students who possess financial need. The recipient must complete the first term at ISU and show proof of continued attendance to his/her high school counselor before receiving the scholarship money. Applications here. Applications are due March 23, 2020.
- The 2020 Robert Smiley Scholarship is offered to senior Iowa girls who have a minimum 2.5 gpa, have lettered in one varsity sport each year of high school, and extra attention given to the application showing a specific need. Each high school is limited to 1 nomination. The value of the Robert Smiley Scholarship is $1000. GHS can only submit one application. Please bring completed applications to the counseling office by March 25, 2020. The deadline to nominate is April 3, 2020. To download an application go here.
- Iowa Hospital Education & Research Foundation: The ultimate goal of this program is to fill Iowa health care positions that currently have a notable number of openings by offering significant financial support to students seeking health care education. In exchange for that financial support, each award recipient must commit to working one year in an Iowa hospital for each year of the scholarship award. Application here. Due March 30, 2020.
- Local- Key Cooperative Community Scholarship Opportunity: Key Cooperative will be offering twelve $1,000 non-renewable scholarships to graduating seniors this school year. Students must plan a course study in one of the following fields: agriculture or ag-business, animal science, communications, information systems, accounting, carpentry or masonry construction. In addition, the students parent or guardian must be a class A or B member of Key Cooperative (can verify this if the student is unsure). Application here. Due is March 30, 2020.
- The SFM Foundation Scholarship is available to students whose parents were killed or seriously injured in workplace accidents while working for Iowa, Minnesota or Wisconsin employers. You can find the application here. Application deadline is March 31, 2020.
- The Janice M. Scott Memorial Scholarship Fund was established as a memorial to Mrs. Scott who was killed in the attack on the Pentagon on Sept. 11. You will need a 3.0 or better gpa, will attend a four year college/university in the U.S., have demonstrated leadership abilities through participating in community services or other extra curricular activities, and combined adjusted income for your parent(s) cannot exceed $50,000. Application here. Deadline is March 31, 2020.
- Automotive Aftermarket Scholarships are available for students training to become automotive, heavy duty or collision repair technicians, and to students in business, marketing, engineering or other major courses of study. Apply online now Due March 31, 2020.
- Iowa State Sheriff & Deputies Association Scholarship will be awarded to ten (10) senior high school children of current (2020) ISSDA members, who will be graduating high school in the Spring of 2020. In order to be eligible for a scholarship, the applicant must be a natural or adopted child of a current member; or a grandchild or stepchild whose biological parent has primary care and is married to the member, and who’s primary residence for the past four years has been with the member. The school will receive the check the first part of Sept 2020 and Feb 2021. Application here. Due March 31, 2020
Scholarships Due In April
- Youth Forward Scholarship Program: National Driving and Traffic School is proud to announce their 2020 scholarship opportunity, entitled “In the Driver’s Seat.” The company is seeking to reward essay applicants $3,000 in scholarships- for students enrolled as a High School Sophomore, Junior, or Senior or as a College Freshman – on the topic of being a safer driver. Application here. Due April 1, 2020.
- The Professional Educators of Iowa Foundation offers scholarships and awards to any Iowa student who qualifies in each of the individual categories. Requirements for all rewards are outlined in the scholarship brochure, which can be viewed online at www.peiowa.org These scholarships were established to create an ongoing network of educational awareness for future teachers. Application here. Deadline is April 1, 2020.
- Iowa Golf Association Foundation once again will award several Ann Griffel Scholarships & Sani Scholarship in the amount of $2000 to Iowa high school senior who intend to further their education at an Iowa institution of higher learning, whether a college, university or trade school. Scholarships are awarded based on academic performance, extracurricular activities and leadership qualities, not on golf accomplishments or ability.Applications can be found here. Deadline is April 1, 2020.
- Local -Grinnell Area Arts Council will award up to three scholarships of $400 each in the areas of visual arts/creative writing, music, and theatrical arts/dance. GHS seniors may apply to as many of these areas as they wish, although a student may only be awarded one scholarship, even if they apply in multiple areas. Application here. The deadline is April 1, 2020.
- Local- The Grinnell Masonic Lodge will award two $500 scholarship to a graduating senior at GHS who exhibits good character leadership, and service to school and community. Please fill out the form digitally then print. Application here. Due April 1, 2020.
- Local- Poweshiek Mutual Insurance Association is pleased to announce its intent to provide a $500 scholarship to a graduating senior of GHS. The Clifford L. Strovers Scholarship is for one year only. To qualify, you must be admitted to an accredited university, community college, or private college, be a full time student for both semester of college, and have a minimum 2.5 gpa. Winners will be selected on merit and financial need. Application here. Deadline is April 1, 2020
- Local - Green Futures Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship given to a GHS graduating senior wishing to pursue college education relating to the "green future" no matter what professional path chosen. High emphasis will be on your continued activity in making the green future a reality throughout college and beyond. Also, emphasis will be placed on financial need, academic performance, and character. Application here. Deadline is April 3, 2020.
- Local- Poweshiek County Retired School Personnel Teacher Scholarship awards a graduating senior in the county who wants to be a teacher. You must write an essay about the experiences you have had that makes you think you would be a good teacher. Application here. Deadline is April 3, 2020.
- Local - Lanny Pinkerton Memorial Scholarship - Senior wrestlers eligible to apply. Application here. Due April 5, 2020. Brian Pearson Memorial Scholarship - Each year, this $1,000 scholarship is offered to one male and one female high school junior or senior that has participated in past Iowa Games events such as Summer Games, Winter Games, Net Fest, etc. Application here. Applications must be received by April 6, 2020.
- Local - Jim Dayton 1976 Memorial Scholarship - Applicants must plan to pursue a program in HVAC, Agriculture Related, or other Skilled Trades areas. Application here. - Due April 7, 2020.
- Local- 2020 Grinnell Elks/Howard Edwards Scholarship All High School graduating seniors who are U.S. Citizens are eligible to apply. Applications must be turned in or mailed. Application here. Due April 7, 2020.
- Local- Grinnell PEO Scholarship is for a female GHS graduate who plans to further her education at a public or private accredited college/university. Any young woman who is in the upper 30% of her class may apply. Application here. Deadline is April 7, 2020.
- Local- The Debbie D. Lease Memorial Scholarship of $1000 is awarded to a GHS graduating senior enrolling in an accredited teacher training program with a major in education. Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.67 or higher to apply. Applications here. Deadline is April 8, 2020.
- Local- Jensen Optometrists Health Care Scholarship provides a $500 for college education for a graduating senior of GHS who has particular interest in pursuing a career in health care. This would include but not limited to the professions of optometry, medicine, dentistry, podiatry, chiropractic, physical therapy, psychology or nursing. You will need to have a 3.0 GPA. Application here. Deadline is April 9, 2020.
- Local- The Grinnell Rotary Club Scholarship- is available to any graduating GHS senior. You must attend 3 Rotary meetings during the school year. Meetings are held on Tuesday evenings at 6 p.m. at the West Side Diner. The Rotary Club provides a meal for each student. Please use this google doc to sign up for the meetings you would like to attend. Applications here. Due April 10, 2020.
- Local - D. Arlene Johnson Memorial Scholarship - $500 - Applicants must be senior girls who have participated in either golf or basketball throughout their high school careers. Application here. Due - April 10, 2020
- Local- The Grinnell Community Scholarship is given to GHS graduates who live within the city limits of Grinnell, meet the financial guidelines (should no income-eligible individuals apply, consideration will be open to all who apply), and attend a vocational/technical school, 2 or 4-year college/university. This is a one-year scholarship for $1000 payable to the school of attendance. Application here. Deadline is April 10, 2020.
- Local - Grinnell Big Brothers Big Sisters Foundation Scholarship - Established to assist a graduating high school senior or college student who is a current/former Little Brother or Little Sister seeking college or trade school tuition support. Up to two $300 scholarships will be awarded to recipients chosen by the Grinnell Big Brothers Big Sisters board. Application here. Due- April 12, 2020.
- Local- Nathan P. Figland Memorial Scholarship is established in the amount of $300 to be awarded to a GHS graduating senior enrolling in a Criminal Justice program. The scholarship award will be paid upon proof of satisfactory completion of the first semester of college. This scholarship is given in memory of Nathan Figland, a 2003 graduate of GHS. Application here. Deadline is April 15, 2020.
- EXTENDED DEADLINE! Local- SHE Counts First Generation Scholarship - The recipient of this scholarship will be a first-generation college-bound female. First priority will be given to a student with demonstrated financial need. A renewable $500 scholarship will be awarded a maximum of 4 years as long as the student is enrolled in an accredited institution. Applications here. Due - April 15, 2020.
- Local- Tracy A. Smith Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a GHS graduating senior who has shown a passion for community service. You must have attended GHS for at least 3 years and have a cumulative GPA of not less than 3.0, and you must have been involved with the FFA chapter for a minimum of 2 years. Application details here and application here. Deadline is April 15, 2020 in the counseling office.
- Local - Dr. Jeff Knobloch Memorial Scholarship - One $1000 will be given to graduating senior who displays excellent citizenship and has financial need. Applications here. Due April 15, 2020.
- Local- Booster Board Scholarship: The Grinnell High School Booster club is offering a scholarship of $250.00 each to 1 female and 1 male of the graduating class. There is a minimum of 10 volunteer hours in the concession stand to be considered, please include a copy of your volunteer log. Application here. The application deadline is April 15, 2020.
- Local ~ The Fitzgerald Education Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating male or female senior who intends to major in education in college with the goal of being a teacher and has a 2.65 (B-) or above gpa. A $500 minimum award will be presented at the GHS Honors Night. Applications here. Deadline is April 15 2020.
- We the Student Essay Contest Scholarship: Essay writing contest, top prize $5,000. This year we are asking you to dig deep and make your scholarship essay personal. A citizen comes in many shapes and sizes. Some serve their community by voting and participating in political events. Others serve through entrepreneurship or philanthropy. We want to know what you think makes a good citizen in your community. We encourage you to bring emotion, creativity, specific examples (including current events), and well-researched facts into what you write. A good essay will demonstrate how citizenship is not an abstract idea, but is, in fact, action inspired by constitutional principles. Application here. Deadline is April 15, 2020.
- Local- Helen and Mildred T. Stewart offer a scholarship to a GHS graduating senior who are particularly interested in Library Science. If there are no such graduates scholarships may be paid to graduates who will enroll in a college liberal arts program. Financial need may or may not be a factor. Application here. Applications will need to be returned to the office of Bierman & Petig before April 15, 2020.
- Local- The Grinnell Lions Club will offer up to 2 scholarships for GHS graduating seniors who show good character, have at least a 1.67 gpa (C-) and have been involved in a school or community activity. Financial need may or may not be a consideration. You must be enrolled in a two year or less Vocational/Technical program and complete the first semester successfully. Application here. Deadline is April 15, 2020.
- Local- Baker Starrett Accounting Excellence is a $500 scholarship that will be awarded to a Grinnell High School senior who plans to pursue a degree in accounting and/or business. Application here. Must be turned into the Counseling office by April 17, 2020.
- Local- The Steve Kriegel Athletic Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating male or female senior who has been a member of an athletic team their senior year. The memorial fund is in memory of Steve Kriegel, a long time teacher and coach at Grinnell High School. This scholarship will continue his involvement with youth and his beliefs in goals, organization, and a commitment to be the best. Stop by the Counseling Office to pick up your application. The completed application, two recommendation forms (one must be completed by the applicant’s coach) and an official high school transcript must be returned to the Grinnell High School Counseling Office. Application here. by April 17, 2020. No late applications will be accepted
- NEW 2020! Local Annual Grinnell Aerie #2545 Scholarship: The The Annual Grinnell Aerie #2545 Scholarship of $500 will be awarded to a graduating Grinnell High School senior boy whose life has been impacted by diabetes. To be eligible for this $500 scholarship applicants must:Be a graduating senior boy of Grinnell High School and completed community service. Preference will be given to students who have or will complete at least 200 hours of community service, have connection to the Grinnell Eagles. Submit the application to the HS Counseling Office by April 24th.
- Local- ARC of Poweshiek County offers scholarships of $1500 to selected candidates who will pursue undergraduate level courses in special education, with a focus on working with people with mental disabilities. Application here. Deadline is April 30, 2020.
Scholarships Due In May
- NEW Local- Poweshiek County Pheasants Forever Scholarship is awarded to a graduating senior in Poweshiek County who will pursue a career in the natural resource field. Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA, must demonstrate leadership skills, have done community service, and have a commitment and passion for conservation and improvement of wildlife habitat. Application here. Deadline is May 1, 2020.
- The $1000.00 Pureland Supply Scholarship is available to students who have been accepted to an accredited trade school, vocational college, technical school or community college for the study of trade, craft, or labor occupations. Recipients are chosen on their ability to describe how their chosen trade or field plays an important role in today’s world and why this is the path they have chosen. Application here. Due May 1, 2020
- ProjectorLamps.com $1,000.00 Scholarship is available to a student enrolled as a Business major who may one day be an entrepreneur and start their own business. This is an annual scholarship that will be offered every year. Application here. Due May 1, 2020.
- Iowa Foundation Agricultural Advancement helps fund many awards in the 2018 Winner's Circle Scholarships. There is one application for all the awards. Applicants can attend a 2 or 4-year college/university with an ag major, and be involved in 4H and/or FFA. Application here. Deadline is May 1, 2020.
- Pearl Hull Falk Scholarship-Attention Seniors who are of the Protestant faith and plan on attending the University of Iowa, you are eligible to apply for the $5,000 Pearl Hull Falk Scholarship! You may pick up an application in the Counseling Office. Please contact Allison Donnell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319-356-5842 if you have questions. Application deadline is May 1, 2020.
- The Robert D. Blue Scholarship is awarded to Iowa graduating high school seniors who will attend a college/university in Iowa. You will need to write a 500 word essay, and submit you or your family's tax returns. Applications are only accepted online at www.rdblue.org/application/. Deadline is May 10, 2020.
- Children's Cancer Connection Empowering Scholarship - Awarded to graduating Iowa high school seniors who have been directly affected by childhood cancer (includes individuals who currently have or have had cancer before age 18, or a sibling of that individual). You must attend an accredited two or four-year institution and have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Children's Cancer Connection Empowering Scholarship App Due - May 29, 2020
- 2019-2020 Personal Injury Attorney Scholarship: This $1,000 scholarship is available to students pursuing or planning on pursuing a career in law. More information on the program can be found here. Applications are due May 31. 2020.
Scholarships Due In June
- NEW The Joe Francis Haircare Scholarships will be awarded to students currently applying for entrance into cosmetology/barbering school. Applications are accepted from January 1-June 1 each year. Apply here
- The Iowa PGA Foundation is offering an annual scholarship! The Charlie Burkart Scholarship is offered to students who have an interest in golf and could potentially contribute to the game in some capacity in the future. The application is available here. Due June 19, 2020
- Latinos Unidos of Iowa is proud to grant scholarships for Latino/Latina students who will attend Iowa institutions of higher education. An important criteria in evaluating applications is the applicant's participation in school activities, volunteer activities or activities within the Latino community. Further information and guidelines can be found here. Deadline is June 15, 2020.