The 2019-2020 Scholarship will be updated and added as Mrs. Pearce confirms with local donors and national-level scholarships.
Local Scholarships are designated. Scholarships are in order of due date. As due dates pass scholarships will be removed.
Looking for other scholarships? We recommend Fast Web: https://www.fastweb.com/
Here is an overall national scholarship page with links to other, more specific scholarships that are offered by intended major and career interests: There are a lot of links within links on this particular page, but maybe a good place to start: http://www.college-scholarships.com/
Scholarships with Extended Due Dates
- The Bright Scholars of Iowa Award - is a need-based grant designed to help ensure that selected outstanding Iowa high school seniors have the financial means to complete a two-year or four-year college education without debt. Scholarships will be awarded to students who plan to attend UNI, ISU, IOWA or DMACC, Southwest Iowa CC, Indian Hills CC. Applicants must be a high achieving student, and qualify for a Pell grant as determined by filing the FAFSA The amount of the award will equal the amount of the first year of attendance. Go to: http://www.brightscholarsofiowa.org/ Deadline varies by institution but opens after completion of FAFSA
- Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship Program - up to $2500 - Awarded to students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their lives who wish to pursue a career or technical education at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution. Go to this website for more information and to apply.
- Timberline Billing Service offers five $2000 scholarships to students who are, or have been on an IEP during high school. Students must plan on attending a two year, four year or technical school. Applications here.
Scholarships Due in October
- Make the U Scholarship: Colgate-Palmolive in partnership with the Hispanic Heritage Foundation encourages you to get on the path to higher education. The Haz La U Program helps put Hispanic youth on the track to college. To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: show academic excellence, demonstrate dedication to community service. To apply go here. Due October 15, 2019
- Hispanic Heritage Youth Award: To be eligible for the scholarship a student must: A) Be currently enrolled in high school and graduating in 2019. B) Have a minimum unweighted 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. C)Be of Hispanic heritage (includes Spain, Brazil, Philippines) Due Date: October 15, 2019, Click here to apply.
- American Muscle’s Student Scholarships: 4 scholarships for $2000 each will be awarded to students pursuing an automotive-themed major. Two scholarship will be awarded every spring semester, followed by two additional scholarships to be awarded for the fall semester each year. Click here to apply. Due October 15, 2019.
- Burger King McLamore Foundation Scholarship: is available for all HS seniors with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Applicants are eligible to receive up to $50,000 in scholarship awards. Click here to apply. Applications will be accepted from October 15 - December 15, 2019.
- The Horatio Alger Association seeks to assist students who have demonstrated integrity, perseverance in overcoming adversity, the strength of character, financial need, a good academic record, commitment to pursue a college education, and a desire to contribute to society. If this sounds like you, apply here! The application deadline is October 25, 2019.
- The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation The Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, and their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. You must be pursuing a degree at accredited college/university and carry a 3.0 GPA at the end of your junior year. Click here for an application. Deadline is October 31, 2019.
Scholarship Due in November
- The Prudential Spirit of Community Award is a $1000 scholarship and a trip to Washington, DC! This scholarship recognizes students in grades 5-12 who have played a leadership role in a community service project within the past 12 months. Applications are available here. Applications are due November 5, 2019.
- Most Valuable Students Scholarships-The Elks National Foundation offers many scholarships every year. This year the ENF will award 500 Most Valuable Students Scholarships. These are four year scholarships to outstanding students who are at or near the top of their class. Apply here. Applications must be submitted online by November 5, 2019.
- The Cooke College Scholarship Program is an undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend and graduate from the nation's best four-year colleges and universities. Application portal here. Due November 13, 2019
- The Hagan Scholarship Foundation gives scholarships to high achieving students who will require financial assistance in order to attend college. Last year 156 awards were given to graduating high school seniors who went on to a four year college/university. In high school you need to have a 3.50 cum. gpa, score 23 or higher on the ACT, work 240 hours in the 12 months prior to the start of college, complete the FAFSA in 2015 using 2014 TAX Information, apply for eligible Federal and State grants, and not have been convicted of a felony. Please apply online at www.hsfmo.org Deadline is November 15, 2019.
- James Cox Student Photography Scholarship- To be eligible for this scholarship a student must: be a high school student applying for this scholarship must have completed one year at an high school, should have taken at least one photography or related art class. Due November 15, 2019 Applications can be found here.
- The Iowa Ready Mixed Concrete Association (IRMCA) Scholarship - Jerry Woods Scholarship is now available online! Applicants need to be entering their first year of an Iowa Community College or Tech School building trades program that provides training in concrete technology and practice. The amount of $2,500+ will be given each year of a 2-year program. Apply online! Applications are due November 30, 2019.
|Scholarships Due in December
- AXA Achievement Scholarship - Applicants must demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidence by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities. If you are headed for college, you could be one of 52 seniors nationwide who qualify. For more information, click here! Application deadline Dec. 15, 2019 or until 10,000 applications are received.
- The E. Wayne Cooley Scholarship Award is a scholarship established in tribute to the man most responsible for making the “Iowa Girl” number one in the nation. The profile of the recipient should reflect discipline, perseverance, character, superior athletic skill, leadership, academic achievement and citizenship traits that have personified the life and expectation of the late Dr. E. Wayne Cooley. Financial awards are given to six finalists. Five finalists will receive a $1,000 scholarship grant. The E. Wayne Cooley Scholarship Award winner will receive a $15,000 scholarship ($3,750 annually). Applicants (female) must have a 3.75 GPA, participate in 2 sports, have an ACT of at least a 25, and attend a college/university in IOWA. GHS may only pick one nominee. Preliminary applications should be printed off and turned in to the Counseling Office by Thurs, Dec. 12. Grinnell's recipient will be notified on Fri., Dec. 13 and then should ask for letters of reference. The online application is due by Dec. 31, 2019. Go here for more information and a link to the application.
- The Hixson Opportunity Scholarship is a half-tuition scholarship, estimated at more than $16,000 over the course of eight semesters. The scholarship was made possible through gifts from Christina Hixson and the Lied Foundation Trust and is awarded annually to 100 Iowa students. More than 1,600 Hixson Scholars have graduated from ISU with assistance from this award. The online Hixson Award application is available here and is due December 15, 2019.
- The "College IS Power" Scholarship is open to students age 17 and older who plan to start college within the next 12 months. 1st place award is $1000 Online application here. Deadline is December 31, 2019