Scholarships with Extended Due Dates
- The Bright Scholars of Iowa Award - is a need-based grant designed to help ensure that selected outstanding Iowa high school seniors have the financial means to complete a two-year or four-year college education without debt. Scholarships will be awarded to students who plan to attend UNI, ISU, IOWA or DMACC, Southwest Iowa CC, Indian Hills CC. Applicants must be a high achieving student, and qualify for a Pell grant as determined by filing the FAFSA The amount of the award will equal the amount of the first year of attendance. Go to: http://www.brightscholarsofiowa.org/ Deadline varies by institution but opens after completion of FAFSA
- Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship Program - up to $2500 - Awarded to students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their lives who wish to pursue a career or technical education at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution. Go to this website for more information and to apply.
- Timberline Billing Service offers five $2000 scholarships to students who are, or have been on an IEP during high school. Students must plan on attending a two year, four year or technical school. Applications here.
- Wells Fargo Scholarship Program committed to empowering people with disabilities as they work to obtain the education or training they need to succeed in their chosen career path. Students must have: identified disability; have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent; be a high school senior or graduate, who plans to enroll (or who is already enrolled) in full- or half-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2019 – 2020 academic year. Due Multiple Dates Go here to apply.
Scholarship Due in November
- The Prudential Spirit of Community Award is a $1000 scholarship and a trip to Washington, DC! This scholarship recognizes students in grades 5-12 who have played a leadership role in a community service project within the past 12 months. Applications are available here. Applications are due November 5, 2019.
- Most Valuable Students Scholarships-The Elks National Foundation offers many scholarships every year. This year the ENF will award 500 Most Valuable Students Scholarships. These are four year scholarships to outstanding students who are at or near the top of their class. Apply here. Applications must be submitted online by November 5, 2019.
- The Cooke College Scholarship Program is an undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend and graduate from the nation's best four-year colleges and universities. Application portal here. Due November 13, 2019
- The Hagan Scholarship Foundation gives scholarships to high achieving students who will require financial assistance in order to attend college. Last year 156 awards were given to graduating high school seniors who went on to a four year college/university. In high school you need to have a 3.50 cum. gpa, score 23 or higher on the ACT, work 240 hours in the 12 months prior to the start of college, complete the FAFSA in 2015 using 2014 TAX Information, apply for eligible Federal and State grants, and not have been convicted of a felony. Please apply online at www.hsfmo.org Deadline is November 15, 2019.
- James Cox Student Photography Scholarship- To be eligible for this scholarship a student must: be a high school student applying for this scholarship must have completed one year at an high school, should have taken at least one photography or related art class. Due November 15, 2019 Applications can be found here.
- The Iowa Ready Mixed Concrete Association (IRMCA) Scholarship - Jerry Woods Scholarship is now available online! Applicants need to be entering their first year of an Iowa Community College or Tech School building trades program that provides training in concrete technology and practice. The amount of $2,500+ will be given each year of a 2-year program. Apply online! Applications are due November 30, 2019.
Scholarships Due in December
- Youth Forward – Scholarship Opportunity National Driving and Traffic School are proud to announce their 2019 scholarship opportunity, entitled “In the Driver’s Seat.” The company is seeking to reward essay applicants $3,000 in scholarships- for students enrolled as a High School Sophomore, Junior, or Senior or as a College Freshman – on the topic of being a safer driver. Application here. Due December 1, 2019.
- NHS Scholarship Program: The application process for the NHS Scholarship Program is administered online by International Scholarship and Tuition Services (ISTS.) The deadline to complete and submit the student portion of the application form is December 6, 2019. The deadline to submit recommendations and certifications is December 10, 2019. See attached link for how to apply.
- AXA Achievement Scholarship - Applicants must demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidence by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities. If you are headed for college, you could be one of 52 seniors nationwide who qualify. For more information, click here! Application deadline Dec. 15, 2019 or until 10,000 applications are received.
- COURSE HERO 2019 Veteran Scholarship: Award: $5,000, Award Frequency: One recipient every six months Eligibility: DUE DECEMBER 15, 2019. Permanent Legal U.S. Resident; Military affiliation:Retired, honorably discharged or active duty service members of any branch of the United States military, including the United States Army and Reserves, United States Navy and Reserves, United States Air Force and Reserves, United States Marine Corps and Reserves, United States Coast Guard and Reserves, the National Guard and Air National Guard, or spouses, children or family members of such service members
At least 16 years old; Minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalent; Currently enrolled full-time or part-time in a two-year or four-year accredited undergraduate or graduate college or university, or vocational, technical or private career institution in the United States, as listed on the U.S. Department of Education website, available here. Applications can be found here.
Must submit an essay - 500 words or less.
- The E. Wayne Cooley Scholarship Award is a scholarship established in tribute to the man most responsible for making the “Iowa Girl” number one in the nation. The profile of the recipient should reflect discipline, perseverance, character, superior athletic skill, leadership, academic achievement and citizenship traits that have personified the life and expectation of the late Dr. E. Wayne Cooley. Financial awards are given to six finalists. Five finalists will receive a $1,000 scholarship grant. The E. Wayne Cooley Scholarship Award winner will receive a $15,000 scholarship ($3,750 annually). Applicants (female) must have a 3.75 GPA, participate in 2 sports, have an ACT of at least a 25, and attend a college/university in IOWA. GHS may only pick one nominee. Preliminary applications should be printed off and turned in to the Counseling Office by Thurs, Dec. 12. Grinnell's recipient will be notified on Fri., Dec. 13 and then should ask for letters of reference. The online application is due by Dec. 31, 2019. Go here for more information and a link to the application.
- The Hixson Opportunity Scholarship is a half-tuition scholarship, estimated at more than $16,000 over the course of eight semesters. The scholarship was made possible through gifts from Christina Hixson and the Lied Foundation Trust and is awarded annually to 100 Iowa students. More than 1,600 Hixson Scholars have graduated from ISU with assistance from this award. The online Hixson Award application is available here and is due December 15, 2019.
- The "College IS Power" Scholarship is open to students age 17 and older who plan to start college within the next 12 months. 1st place award is $1000 Online application here. Deadline is December 31, 2019
- COURSE HERO 2019 Rise Up Scholarship for First-Generation College Students: Award: $5,000 Award Frequency: One recipient every six months. Eligibility: Minimum 3.0 GPA; Age: 16 and over; Permanent legal U.S. resident; A detailed and well-written essay response; Enrollment in a school listed on the U.S. Department of Education website and be the first in your family to attend college. The application can be found here. DUE DECEMBER 31, 2019.
Scholarships Due in January
- The Coolidge Scholarship - A full ride scholarship that is offered to JUNIORS to cover tuition, room, board, and expenses for four years of under grad study, to be used at any accredited U.S. college or university. This is a scholarship awarded based on academic merit. For more information and application: HERE Due January 2020.
- GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program - Awards roughly 20 college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with $10,000 renewable scholarships-up to $40,000 total per recipient. For more information, eligibility requirements and an online application, visit here. Due January 3, 2020
- Iowa School Counselor Association Senior Scholarship is for seniors who will be pursuing post-secondary education or training and can write about a school counselor who has made a difference! Applications are due January 4, 2020. The announcement will be made public during School Counselor Week. Application Here
- UnderRecruited Preps- the leading college athletic recruiting platform, is awarding a $2,000 scholarship to a top student-athlete looking to play at the next level.Eligibility Requirements: 1.You may apply for this scholarship if you are currently enrolled and pursuing a high school diploma. 2. You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 at the time of your application. 3. Continuing your athletic career at the next level. D1, D2, D3, NAIA, Junior College, or Prep School. Click here for an application. Due January 6, 2020
- The Better Business Bureau Student of Integrity Scholarships - Five $2500 Scholarships will be given across the state. BBB will accept only one application per school. The essay, which describes an ethical decision made by the applicant, is weighted 50%. Seniors must return their essays to the Counseling Office by December 1, 2019. Essay Question here. Based on the essay, the school winner will be chosen by December 5, 2020. The school winner must then get two reference letters and submit the entire application online by January 13, 2020. Website Here
- Mensa Foundation scholarship due January 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Central Iowa Mensa invites applications for scholarships in this year's program. The only eligibility requirements are that the applicant will be enrolled in a degree program in an accredited U.S. institution of post-secondary education in the 2018-2019 academic year, and that the applicant is a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States. For the general awards, the applicant need not be a member of Mensa nor qualified for Mensa. The general awards are unrestricted as to age, race, gender, level of post-secondary education, or financial need. Awards will be made on the basis of an essay of fewer than 550 words, which describes the applicant's career, vocational, or academic goal toward which the scholarship is to provide aid. Entries will be judged and awarded at three levels: local, regional, and national. Awards are made in amounts ranging from $300 to $1000. More information and online application can be found here.
- America's Farmers Grow Ag Leaders, sponsored by the Monsanto fund, is giving students the chance to earn a $1,500 scholarship in an ag-related field of study. Due January 22, 2020. You can apply here.
- The United States JCI Senate Foundation Scholarship - $1,000 - Available to high school seniors who live in a state with an active JCI Senate program. Iowa has an active program. Application here. Due- Jan. 24, 2020.
- Department of Physics and Astronomy at The University of Iowa will award one $1000 grant each year, renewable for up to 3 successive years following the initial award, to an entering freshman from the state of Iowa. This scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit, not financial need. Please go here to view guidelines and obtain a copy of the application form. The deadline for applications is JANUARY 31, 2020.
- Legacy Awards-The Elks National Foundation also offers scholarships for Elks families. The Legacy Awards offer 300 college scholarships worth $4000 to the children and grandchildren of Elks members. Applicants are judged on the core values of the Elks: knowledge, charity, community service and integrity. Applications are available online here. Applications must be submitted by January 31, 2020.
Scholarships Due In February
- The Grand Lodge of Iowa offers scholarships to graduating Iowa high school seniors who will pursue post-secondary education in any state at an accredited institution which provides a 2 or 4-year college program. Applicants need not have Masonic connection. The principal criterion is service to school and community with special emphasis upon leadership roles in these areas. An applicant's academic record, communication skills, and need for financial assistance are also carefully considered as is an evaluation of the applicant by a school official. Forms are available online here. Postmark deadline is February 1, 2020.
- The Iowa Environmental Health Association is offering $500 scholarships for students who are:A resident in the state of Iowa; a high school senior OR non-traditional student returning to college in the state of Iowa; currently a FT student at any college, university, or community college in the state of Iowa; and Environmental Health related field. Applications can be downloaded from HERE and are due by February 1, 2020.
- Iowa 4-H Foundation Scholarships - Scholarships range from $500 - $3500. Applicants must be former or current 4-H members. 4-H Scholarships Due February 1, 2020. Application Here
- Iowa Credit Union Foundation promotes the Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarship which is awarded to students who have an account in his/her name and a member in good standing at a credit union that is a member of the Iowa Credit Union League. The online application can be found here. Deadline is February 7, 2020.
- The Hy-Vee Foundation Scholarship Program is offering 40-$1000 Scholarships to high school seniors who have worked at Hy-Vee on or before Sept. 15, 2019. You may apply online at www.hy-vee.com. If you have questions, please call or email Elizabeth Wilke at 515-267-7767 or email@example.com. Postmark deadline is February 10, 2020.
- Iowa Newspaper Foundation Scholarships - Several scholarships are offered for students interested in journalism, photo-journalism, communications, graphic design, etc. More information can be found at the - Iowa Newspaper Foundation Website. Due - February 14, 2020
- Alliant Energy Innovation Scholarship - Alliant Energy recognizes outstanding community leadership in young people and helps students reach their academic goals. Up to 25 $1,000 scholarships are awarded to students annually through the Alliant Energy Innovation Scholarship Program. Award selection is based on participation in a leadership role in community service activities and volunteer work; academic grade point average; standardized test scores; and the content of a 300-word essay submission. Application here. Due: February 15, 2020.
- Mediacom Communications- For the 2019-2020 school year, is again offering 55 -$1000, non-renewable scholarships through its World Class Scholarship Program to senior high school students in areas served by Mediacom. While it is not required that the student be a Mediacom customer, the applicant must live in the areas serviced by Mediacom. The application is online here. Deadline February 15, 2020.
- Iowa Financial Know-How Challenge Senior Scholarship.- The 30 students with the highest scores on the assessment portion will earn $2000 that will be sent directly to your college or university. Interested seniors should go to HERE to register and read the complete scholarship rules before February 21, 2020. Once registered, seniors will receive an email with instructions to complete two online tutorials and a multiple-choice assessment.
Scholarships Due In March
- Grand Lodge of Iowa is offering the Mark Earl and Ruth Spencer Technical Scholarship to seniors who plan to enroll in a mechanical or trade program at an accredited community college in Iowa. Applications are available online. All materials must be postmarked by March 1, 2020 for the application to be considered.