Scholarships Due in October
- Burger King McLamore Foundation Scholarship available to all HS seniors with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Applicants are eligible to receive up to $50,000 in scholarship awards. Click here to apply. Applications will be accepted from October 15 - December 15, 2018
- The Horatio Alger Scholarship - State & National Scholarships - Applicants must have financial need and exhibit integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. Must plan to complete a bachelor's degree, but may begin at a community college. Go here to apply. Due October 25, 2018
- The Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, and their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. You must be pursuing a degree at accredited college/university and carry a 3.0 gpa at the end of your junior year. Click here for an application. Deadline is October 31, 2018.
- The ACT Student Champion Award recognizes one student in each state who is tenacious and persistent, no matter the challenge, and is prepared for life after high school with a goal in mind and plan in place. Requirements include: High school seniors who have overcome challenges and can articulate their education and/or career actions; At minimum students must have a composite ACT score of 22 on a single test date. Click here to apply. Due October 31, 2018
- The Bright Scholars of Iowa Award - is a need-based grant designed to help ensure that selected outstanding Iowa high school seniors have the financial means to complete a two-year or four-year college education without debt. Scholarships will be awarded to students who plan to attend UNI, ISU, IOWA or DMACC, Southwest Iowa CC, Indian Hills CC. Applicants must be a high achieving student, and qualify for a Pell grant as determined by filing the FAFSA The amount of the award will equal the amount of the first year of attendance. Go to: http://www.brightscholarsofiowa.org/home Deadline varies by institution but opens after completion of FAFSA
Scholarship due in November
- The Prudential Spirit of Community Award - $1000 scholarship & a trip to Washington, DC.--Recognizes students in grades 5-12 who have played a leadership role in a community service project within the last 12 months. Click here for an application. Due - November 6, 2018
- The Elks National Foundation offers many scholarships every year. This year the ENF will award 500 Most Valuable Students Scholarships. These are four-year scholarships to outstanding students who are at or near the top of their class. Apply here. Due: November 15, 2018.
- The Hagan Scholarship Foundation gives scholarships to high achieving students who will require financial assistance in order to attend college. Last year 156 awards were given to graduating high school seniors who went on to a four-year college/university. In high school, you need to have a 3.50 cum. gpa, score 23 or higher on the ACT, work 240 hours in the 12 months prior to the start of college, complete the FAFSA in 2018 using 2017 TAX Information, apply for eligible Federal and State grants, and not have been convicted of a felony. Click to apply. Due: November 15, 2018.
- The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship - Designed to encourage and support outstanding students who work hard and have financial need (30-40 awarded nationally). For more information click here. - November 20, 2018.
- The Iowa Ready Mixed Concrete Association (IRMCA) Scholarship - Jerry Woods Scholarship is now available online! Applicants need to be entering their first year of an Iowa Community College or Tech School building trades program that provides training in concrete technology and practice. The amount of $2,500+ will be given each year of a 2-year program. Apply online! Due: November 30, 2018.
Scholarships due in December
- The Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team supports those seniors who will attend community colleges. Two hundred awards are given and students may apply from Oct. 1 through Dec. 2. This scholarship is administered by Phi Theta Kappa, Click here for an application. Due December 2, 2019
- The E. Wayne Cooley Scholarship Award is a scholarship established in tribute to the man most responsible for making the “Iowa Girl” number one in the nation. The profile of the recipient should reflect discipline, perseverance, character, superior athletic skill, leadership, academic achievement and citizenship traits that have personified the life and expectation of the late Dr. E. Wayne Cooley. Financial awards are given to six finalists. Five finalists will receive a $1,000 scholarship grant. The E. Wayne Cooley Scholarship Award winner will receive a $15,000 scholarship ($3,750 annually). Applicants (female) must have a 3.75 GPA, participate in 2 sports, have an ACT of at least a 25, and attend a college/university in IOWA. GHS may only pick one nominee. Preliminary applications should be printed off and turned in to the Counseling Office by Thurs, Dec. 13, 2018. Grinnell's recipient will be notified on Fri., Dec. 14 and they should ask for letters of reference. The online application is due by Dec. 31, 2018. Go here for more information and a link to the application
- AXA Achievement Scholarship - Applicants must demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidence by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities. If you are headed for college, you could be one of 52 seniors nationwide who qualifies. For more information, click here! Application deadline Dec. 14, 2018 or until 10,000 applications are received.
- The Hixson Opportunity Scholarship is a half-tuition scholarship, estimated at more than $16,000 over the course of eight semesters. Applicants must attend Iowa State University or Creighton University. One recipient will be chosen from each of Iowa's counties. The award is a half-tuition scholarship for all four years. Students must have faced challenges of personal and/or financial hardship. The FAFSA must be filed as soon as possible. The FAFSA must be filed as soon as possible after Oct. 1st. The online Hixson Award application is available here. Due: December 15, 2018
- The "College IS Power" Scholarship is open to students age 17 and older who plan to start college within the next 12 months. 1st place award is $1000. Online application here. Due December 31, 2019
Scholarships Due in January
- Profile in Courage Essay Contest - The John F. Kenndy Library Foundation invites U.S. high school students to write an essay on an act of political courage by a U.S. elected official who served during or after 1956. First place prize worth over $10,000. Second place - $1,000. Up to 5 finalists - $500 cash award. For contest information, registration, and to submit your essay, visit the Profile in Courage Essay Contest at this website. Due - January 1, 2019
- National Turkey Federation Scholarship - Are you a current member of the National Wild Turkey Federation with a current hunting license and at least a 3.0 GPA? Apply online here! Students will need to submit it to their local NWTF chapter. You can find local chapters by going to NWTF.org and using the tool at the bottom of the page. Application Deadline is January 1, 2019
- Keep Iowa Beautiful offers five $1000 scholarships to Iowa high school seniors who plan to enroll in an Iowa college or university majoring in community, sociology or environmental science-related fields. To apply, students can complete the application online. Due January 8, 2019
- The United States JCI Senate Foundation Scholarship - $1,000 - Available to high school seniors who live in a state with an active JCI Senate program. Iowa has an active program. Go to application here. Due- Jan. 11, 2019.
- Timberline Billing Service Scholarships - Five $2000 scholarships to students who are, or have been on an IEP during high school. Students must plan on attending a two year, four year or technical school. Must create an account to start an application. Timberline Scholarship Application Due: January 15, 2019
- Central Iowa Mensa Scholarship - Central Iowa Mensa is participating in the Mensa Education a& Research Foundation's local scholarship program ($600). More information and the online application are available here. Applications must be submitted- January 19, 2019
- Department of Physics and Astronomy at The University of Iowa will award one $1000 grant each year, renewable for up to 3 successive years following the initial award, to an entering freshman from the state of Iowa. This scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit, not financial need. Please go here for an application. The deadline for applications is JANUARY 31, 2019.
- Iowa School Counselor Association Senior Scholarship - $500 scholarship to a graduating senior. Applicants write an essay about how a school counselor has made a difference in their lives. Iowa School Counselor Association Scholarship Due - January.
Scholarships due in February
- The Elks National Foundation also offers scholarships for Elks families. The Legacy Awards offer 300 college scholarships worth $4000 to the children and grandchildren of Elks members. Applicants are judged on the core values of the Elks: knowledge, charity, community service, and integrity. Applications are available online here. Applications must be submitted by February 1, 2019
- The Iowa Environmental Health Association is offering $500 scholarships for students who are: A resident in the state of Iowa; A high school senior OR non-traditional student returning to college in the state of Iowa; currently a full time student at any college, university, or community college in the state of Iowa; an Environmental Health related field. Applications can be downloaded from here. Due by February 1, 2019.
- The Grand Lodge of Iowa offers scholarships to graduating Iowa high school seniors who will pursue post-secondary education in any state at an accredited institution which provides a 2 or 4 year college program. Applicants need not have Masonic connection. The principal criterion is service to school and community with special emphasis upon leadership roles in these areas. An applicant's academic record, communication skills, and need for financial assistance are also carefully considered as is an evaluation of the applicant by a school official. Forms are available online here. Postmark deadline is February 1, 2019.
- The Hy-Vee Foundation Scholarship Program - Offers forty $1000 scholarships to high school seniors who have worked for Hy-Vee or subsidiary since Sept. 15 of this past year. Sons/daughters of full or part-time Hy-Vee employees (six months employment as of Sept. 15) are also eligible. Students must have an ACT score. Applications here. Due -February 8, 2019
- Iowa Newspaper Foundation Scholarships - Several scholarships are offered for students interested in journalism, photo-journalism, communications, graphic design, etc. More information can be found at the - Iowa Newspaper Foundation Website. Due - February 15, 2019
- Mediacom Communications - For the 2018-2019 school year, is again offering 55 -$1000, non-renewable scholarships through its World Class Scholarship Program to senior high school students in areas served by Mediacom. While it is not required that the student be a Mediacom customer, the applicant must live in the areas serviced by Mediacom. The application is online. Deadline February 15, 2019
- National Co-Op Scholarship Application- The national co-op scholarship program only applies to specific institutions including Clarkson, Drexel, Johnson & Wales Universities, Merrimack College, Wentworth and Rochester Institutes of Technology, University of Cincinnati, State University of New York Oswego and The University of Toledo. Go http://www.waceinc.orghere to complete the application online. Due February 15, 2019
- Iowa Financial Know-How Challenge Senior Scholarship - $2000 - Awarded to 30 Iowa high school seniors. Click here to register. Iowa Student Loan will then email you instructions to complete 2 online components and a related assessment. Essays may be required as a tiebreaker. Dates -February 22, 2019
Scholarships due in March
Iowa Farm Bureau Federation Scholarship - Iowa Farm Bureau awards (54) $1,000 scholarships annually to students pursuing the completion of a two or four-year college degree pursuing a major in agriculture, nursing or education. The 2019 deadline to submit your IFBF Scholarship application to your county Farm Bureau office is March 1, 2019. The complete IFBF Scholarship application guidelines and a county Farm Bureau directory are included in the application.
National Cellular Directory Scholarship - Winners will be chosen based on the nature of their essay and quality of their answers. We are looking for writers who are passionate about technology and who have a strong opinion on the impact that technology has on communication. Go to the website to see application details. Application due March 1, 2019.
Grand Lodge of Iowa is offering the MCEC Technical Scholarship to seniors who plan to enroll in a mechanical or trade program at an accredited community college in Iowa. Applications are available online. All materials must be postmarked by March 1, 2019
- The Herbert Hoover Uncommon Student Award - $6,000 scholarship program for Iowa high school JUNIORS. The program annually identifies and honors up to 15 Iowa high school juniors who propose and then accomplish a project of their own choosing and design. Grades, test scores, essays, and financial need are not evaluated. For more info go here. Look under Grants & Awards. March 15, 2019
- The Honors Graduation Scholarship is awarded to five high school seniors who submit the best proposals for how they would better their community. Each of these five students will receive a $10,000 scholarship. The best proposal will receive up to an additional $5,000 to fund their project. Click here to review eligibility requirements and apply. Round one deadline March 23, 2019
- The SFM Foundation Scholarship - Given to students whose parents were killed or seriously injured in workplace accidents while working for Minnesota, Iowa, or Wisconsin employers. SFM Companies are workers' compensation insurance groups. The student's family does not have to be insured by SFM to qualify. The awards may be up to $10,000 per year for 5 years. The application form may be downloaded here. Due March 31, 2019
- Automotive Aftermarket Scholarships are available for students training to become automotive, heavy duty or collision repair technicians, and to students in business, marketing, engineering or other major courses of study. Apply online now Due March 31, 2019
- The Janice M. Scott Memorial Scholarship Fund was established as a memorial to Mrs. Scott who was killed in the attack on the Pentagon on Sept. 11. You will need a 3.0 or better gpa will attend a four-year college/university in the U.S., have demonstrated leadership abilities through participating in community services or other extracurricular activities, and combined adjusted income for your parent(s) cannot exceed $50,000. Application here. Deadline is March 31, 2019
Scholarships due in April
- The Professional Educators of Iowa Foundation offers scholarships and awards to any Iowa student who qualifies in each of the individual categories. Requirements for all rewards are outlined in the scholarship brochure, which can be viewed online at www.peiowa.org These scholarships were established to create an ongoing network of educational awareness for future teachers. Application here. Deadline is April 1, 2019.
- The Robert Smiley Scholarship is offered by the Iowa Girls' High School Athletic Union and the Smiley Family in honor of the longtime IGHSAU Associate Executive Secretary who passed away in 2003. Applicants must be female and letter in at least one varsity sport each year of HS. They must also have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Applicants experiencing hardship (financial or other) will receive special consideration. GHS can submit one application. A scholarship committee will select the GHS nominee. Robert Smiley Scholarship Application Due April 5, 2019
- ISSDA Evelyn Covington Scholarship - The Evelyn Covington Scholarship Award provides up to ten $1,000 scholarships annually to senior high school children of current ISSDA (Iowa State Sheriffs' & Deputies' Association) members. Online application here. Due: April 18, 2019
- Brian Pearson Memorial Scholarship - Each year, this $1,000 scholarship is offered to one male and one female high school junior or senior that has participated in past Iowa Games events such as Summer Games, Winter Games, Net Fest, etc. Application here. Applications must be received by April 8, 2019.
- Freightliner Truck Center Companies are offering diesel technician scholarships for graduating seniors who will enroll in an accredited diesel or collision repair technology program. The demand for diesel techs is growing rapidly with an expected industry growth rate of 15% by 2020. Learn how you can apply for a $10,000 scholarship with Truck Center Companies. Application here. Due 2 month before the start of college-level class.
Scholarships due in May
- The Robert D. Blue Scholarship is awarded to Iowa graduating high school seniors who will attend a college/university in Iowa. You will need to write a 500-word essay, and submit you or your family's tax returns. Applications are only accepted online at www.rdblue.org/application/. Deadline is May 10.
- Children's Cancer Connection Empowering Scholarship - Awarded to graduating Iowa high school seniors who have been directly affected by childhood cancer (includes individuals who currently have or have had cancer before age 18, or a sibling of that individual). You must attend an accredited two or four-year institution and have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Children's Cancer Connection Empowering Scholarship App Due - May 24, 2019
|Scholarship due in June
- The Joe Francis Haircare Scholarships will be awarded to students currently applying for entrance into cosmetology/barbering school. Applications are accepted from January 1-June 1 each year. Apply here