2023-2024 GHS Student Handbook
The 2023-24 GHS Student Handbook is published annually after review and discussion of new policy updates approved by the Board of Education prior to each school year. A copy of the 2023-24 GHS Student Handbook is located at the following link:
Approved Student Handbook Changes for 23-24:
Student Dress (502.1) GHS strives to maintain a quality-learning environment in which students are physically and emotionally safe and able to achieve and maintain a positive self-concept. Accordingly, some clothing articles are offensive to students and/or staff and deprive them of a quality-learning environment. Hats and sunglasses are prohibited once students enter the building. They are to be kept in the student’s locker. All hats and sunglasses not in the locker will be confiscated and returned to the student at the end of the day. Wearing hoods on students’ heads is not allowed as well. Students that repeatedly put their hood up will be subject to an office referral. Repeated offenses or refusal to change when asked will result in or suspension. (* See insubordination or disrespect to staff guidelines).The following EXAMPLES of clothing ARE NOT to be worn at GHS.
- Clothing that displays language with sexual innuendos.
- Articles of clothing that portray alcohol/tobacco/drug products or insignias.
- Articles of clothing that portray graphic violence or display degrading or profane language.
- Hats, hoods, sunglasses, and bandannas.
- Costumes (unless allowed during a special occasion).
- Flags worn on the body as a cape or carried around.