Scholarships Due In April
- We the Student Essay Contest Scholarship: Essay writing contest, top prize $5,000. This year we are asking you to dig deep and make your scholarship essay personal. A citizen comes in many shapes and sizes. Some serve their community by voting and participating in political events. Others serve through entrepreneurship or philanthropy. We want to know what you think makes a good citizen in your community. We encourage you to bring emotion, creativity, specific examples (including current events), and well-researched facts into what you write. A good essay will demonstrate how citizenship is not an abstract idea, but is, in fact, action inspired by constitutional principles. Application here. Deadline is April 15, 2020.
- Local- Baker Starrett Accounting Excellence is a $500 scholarship that will be awarded to a Grinnell High School senior who plans to pursue a degree in accounting and/or business. Application here. Must be turned into the Counseling office by April 17, 2020.
- Local- The Steve Kriegel Athletic Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating male or female senior who has been a member of an athletic team their senior year. The memorial fund is in memory of Steve Kriegel, a long time teacher and coach at Grinnell High School. This scholarship will continue his involvement with youth and his beliefs in goals, organization, and a commitment to be the best. Stop by the Counseling Office to pick up your application. The completed application, two recommendation forms (one must be completed by the applicant’s coach) and an official high school transcript must be returned to the Grinnell High School Counseling Office. Application here. by April 17, 2020. No late applications will be accepted
- NEW 2020! Local Annual Grinnell Aerie #2545 Scholarship: The Annual Grinnell Aerie #2545 Scholarship of $500 will be awarded to a graduating Grinnell High School senior boy whose life has been impacted by diabetes. To be eligible for this $500 scholarship applicants must: Be a graduating senior boy of Grinnell High School and completed community service. Preference will be given to students who have or will complete at least 200 hours of community service, have a connection to the Grinnell Eagles. Submit the application to the HS Counseling Office by April 24th.
- Local- ARC of Poweshiek County offers scholarships of $1500 to selected candidates who will pursue undergraduate level courses in special education, with a focus on working with people with mental disabilities. Application here. Deadline is April 30, 2020.
Scholarships Due In May
- NEW Local- Poweshiek County Pheasants Forever Scholarship is awarded to a graduating senior in Poweshiek County who will pursue a career in the natural resource field. Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA, must demonstrate leadership skills, have done community service, and have a commitment and passion for conservation and improvement of wildlife habitat. Application here. Deadline is May 1, 2020.
- The $1000.00 Pureland Supply Scholarship is available to students who have been accepted to an accredited trade school, vocational college, technical school or community college for the study of trade, craft, or labor occupations. Recipients are chosen on their ability to describe how their chosen trade or field plays an important role in today’s world and why this is the path they have chosen. Application here. Due May 1, 2020
- ProjectorLamps.com $1,000.00 Scholarship is available to a student enrolled as a Business major who may one day be an entrepreneur and start their own business. This is an annual scholarship that will be offered every year. Application here. Due May 1, 2020.
- Iowa Foundation Agricultural Advancement helps fund many awards in the 2018 Winner's Circle Scholarships. There is one application for all the awards. Applicants can attend a 2 or 4-year college/university with an ag major, and be involved in 4H and/or FFA. Application here. Deadline is May 1, 2020.
- Pearl Hull Falk Scholarship-Attention Seniors who are of the Protestant faith and plan on attending the University of Iowa, you are eligible to apply for the $5,000 Pearl Hull Falk Scholarship! You may pick up an application in the Counseling Office. Please contact Allison Donnell at email@example.com or call 319-356-5842 if you have questions. Application deadline is May 1, 2020.
- The Robert D. Blue Scholarship is awarded to Iowa graduating high school seniors who will attend a college/university in Iowa. You will need to write a 500 word essay, and submit you or your family's tax returns. Applications are only accepted online at www.rdblue.org/application/. Deadline is May 10, 2020.
- Children's Cancer Connection Empowering Scholarship - Awarded to graduating Iowa high school seniors who have been directly affected by childhood cancer (includes individuals who currently have or have had cancer before age 18, or a sibling of that individual). You must attend an accredited two or four-year institution and have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Children's Cancer Connection Empowering Scholarship App Due - May 29, 2020
- 2019-2020 Personal Injury Attorney Scholarship: This $1,000 scholarship is available to students pursuing or planning on pursuing a career in law. More information on the program can be found here. Applications are due May 31. 2020.
Scholarships Due In June
- NEW The Joe Francis Haircare Scholarships will be awarded to students currently applying for entrance into cosmetology/barbering school. Applications are accepted from January 1-June 1 each year. Apply here
- The Iowa PGA Foundation is offering an annual scholarship! The Charlie Burkart Scholarship is offered to students who have an interest in golf and could potentially contribute to the game in some capacity in the future. The application is available here. Due June 19, 2020
- Latinos Unidos of Iowa is proud to grant scholarships for Latino/Latina students who will attend Iowa institutions of higher education. An important criteria in evaluating applications is the applicant's participation in school activities, volunteer activities or activities within the Latino community. Further information and guidelines can be found here. Deadline is June 15, 2020.